Konferencja Wikimedia Polska 2009/en
You too can create ... not only Wikipedia!May 1st-3rd, 2009, Jadwisin by the Zegrze Lake
Wikimedia Polska Conference 2009 is a fourth event of this type organized by the Wikimedia Polska. Its main agenda is to encourage ideas and create a platform of exchanging experience of Wikimedia projects users in Poland and people connected with free software, free knowledge and free culture in an information society. We invite everyone interested in all areas of free culture movement in various aspects of it: education, society, legal and technical. Internet in 21st Century becomes a natural tool for obtaining, publishing and processing information. It is always worth to talk about availability and quality of them. Due to this fact not only persons involved in Wikimedia projects will be welcomed but also specialist, whose analysis and constructive critique would bring a fresh look at the way volunteers are contributing towards free culture, education and software.
The Conference will be held May 1st-3rd, 2009 (Friday-Sunday) at Jadwisin Conference and Tourist Center of Prime Minister's Chancellery near Warsaw (http://www.owjadwisin.pl/eng.shtml).
Jadwisin is located within Warsaw Environmental Protection Area, 30km (18 mi.) from Warsaw city center, and 17km (10 mi.) from city borders.
- Development of experience exchange between Wikimedia projects users
- Creating a platform to exchange experience with other free content projects
- Integration of Wikimedia projects and other free content and software projects members.
There are no conference fees when accreditation is granted. We ask persons wanting to hold a speech or a workshop to contact organizing committee before April 19th 2009. Accreditation can be requested till April 26th, 2009.
Reservations can be done via e-mail to email@example.com. You need to pay a non-refund fee of 50 PLN per person per night including meals or 25 PLN per person for meals only (breakfast + lunch + dinner). You can stay in the hotel before and after the Conference covering full cost.
Accommodation (May 1st-3rd, 2009) will be covered by Wikimedia Polska Foundation excluding before mentioned fee. In individual cases you can request a full refund. More information: http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Konferencja_Wikimedia_Polska_2009
You can pay cash on-site or transfer money to Foundation's Polish Bank Account:
- 62 1140 1108 0000 5016 7600 1001
- Stowarzyszenie Wikimedia Polska ul. Mazowiecka 59 92-221 Łódź, Polska
List of registered participants can be found here:Konferencja Wikimedia Polska 2009/lista uczestników.
Confirmed accomodations can be found here: Konferencja Wikimedia Polska 2009/rezerwacja
- two days session
- Annual General Meeting of Wikimedia Polska
- discussion panels
- ship cruise
We accept presentations, workshops and discussion panels plans regarding:
- ways of how existing or planned projects regarding free content (technical, law, finance, organizational, availability and similar)
- free projects initiatives increasing their quality
- opinions about quality, openness freedom and availability of projects
- possibilities for use of free content by external entities: educational and business
- theoretical concepts regarding development of free software and free culture movement.
Application should contain:
- title and authors of presentation or names of workshop leaders
- short summary or general agenda of workshop/discussion panel.
- technical requirements
- suggested duration of presentation/discussion panel (up to 30 min.) or workshop (up to 90 min.)
- contact to the authors: e-mail, phone, instant messaging
Please send your application via e-mail before April 19th, 2009 to Conference contact address. Applicants who send their applications till March 15th, 2009 will receive confirmation till end of March. Others will be notified till April 25th, 2009.
Applications will be put on the Conference page by the Conference team.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: (+48) 22 219 56 94
- fax: (+48) 42 637 47 87
See also: members of the Organizing Committee